My Friendly Followers

Monday, October 7, 2013

Another Technique

Hi Guys,

Over the last few days I have been playing around my craft room finishing up on some old and new projects that I started. But as you know sometimes you get bored doing the same old stuff time after time. I wanted to try something different. I love to scrapbook and I love to play around with mixed media but never thought to combine the two until I recently watched a You Tube Video where a mixed media scrapbook page was being made. Oh boy... Now that was something I had to try, and try I did. I am pretty pleased with how these came out and to tell you the truth had a bunch of fun making a mess while creating my pages. Clean up, well that's another story.

So for my very first mixed media scrapbook page I used ...

Tim Holtz Distress Paints, Dylusions Ink Sprays, Grumbacher modeling paste, clear stamps, stencils, gems, BoBunny jewels, my handmade flower and some letters.


 For my second mixed media scrapbook page I used ...

Tim Holtz distress paints, Grumbacher modeling paste, gel medium in black and white, glass effect gel pens, paint markers, stencils, ink sprays and stamps. To make the color of the bricks I used some red distress stain that I blotted on my craft mat added some white gel medium and a touch of the black gel medium. It was a bit runny so I added the modeling paste to get it thick enough to spread over the stencil. Next trip to the store I think I need a thicker and more textured paste. I actually love the way this page came out. 




Thanks for visiting my Blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear what you have to say about my post. If you don't have the time to leave a comment please check one of the reaction boxes. I appreciate all feedback. Hope you can stop back soon. ((Hugs)) Lori

0 comments:

Post a Comment