My Friendly Followers

Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Farmer Came Home

Happy Sunday,

To day I'm going to share a completed ATC JAM from start to finish. This is one of my all time favorites. I think it turned out Jamtastic!!

Step 1: I started this JAM. I used patterned paper for the base, stamped and colored the farmer with Spectrum Noir Color Pencils and blended a bit with gamsol. I then stamped and added the quote to the card.

 
Step 2: I sent the card off to Mary Knapp. She would be what our group calls the Middler (2nd person or so called middle person). She added the piece of denim and the brad.
 
 
Step 3: Mary the Middler then sent the farmer to Stacy Weaver who dirtied him up and added the straw before sending him home (what we call a Homer).
 
 


You would expect this Farmer to be all dirty after all his travels. He started out in Connecticut went to visit New Hampshire, passed through Ohio and ended up back in Connecticut.

And that my friends is the process of an ATC JAM.

Our group has an address file. If your name is on the file list you are open to receive JAMS at any time in any quantity. If you remove your name from the list you are not receiving JAMS to work on (you would just get your completed JAMS back). So no one ever knows when they are getting any to work on or who will be sending them to you. We only post our pictures of what we did before we send them off. It's so much fun. I've been doing this for over two years and still can't wait to get to my mailbox everyday to see if I got any happy mail. When I am JAMless I make bases to send out just as I did with this Farmer.

Hope you find this as fun and interesting as I do. You never know how these JAMs will turn out as once they are in your hands you do whatever you want to them. Till next time Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC crafty week.









Thanks for visiting my Blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear what you have to say about my post. If you dont have the time to leave a comment please check one of the reaction boxes. I appreciate all feedback. Hope you can stop back soon. ((Hugs)) Lori

12 comments:

  1. You're so great at working small! Amazing! Sharing to Twitter/Pinterest. I’m stopping by to give you some Bloggie Love! Thanks for your dedication to commenting on and sharing my work.

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really fun idea Lori - I'd be so afraid of getting something I didn't know what to do with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I get those cards I'm not quite sure what to do with so I ask people around me what this card reminds them of and usually get some really great ideas and just go with it.

      Delete
  3. I am loving this idea!!! I would love to learn more on how to participate in this super fun JAM!!! EEK!!! if there becomes any openings I would love to know more! Great Job, this farmer is super cute and I am sure in love! The Farmer in the Dale the Farmer in the Dale Hi Ho the Merry Oh the Farmer in the Dale!! LOL Loves- Madge BL
    madge@thescrappinlounge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madge it's a FaceBook group I'm in called Jam your hearts out. There are 76 members at this time. If you think you might be interested just ask to join. You can always give it try.

      Delete
  4. These are great! What a fun idea! BL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun project idea! The image is just fabulous and that sentiment is perfect! BL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the farmer image cute tags BL

    ReplyDelete
  7. These ATCs are so darn cute! Love the saying and how you incorporated straw into the design. Awesome job!

    Your BL friend Tonya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, thank you so much for getting me interested in ATC's!! I'm a fellow addict and always enjoy seeing your work! Looking forward to October; until we meet again :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your hooked. Oct seems so far away. Can't wait till we can all get together again. My mother-in-law thinks she might want to join us this year. She thinks she would enjoy doing her crafts with us.

      Delete