My Friendly Followers

Sunday, November 23, 2014

More JAMs

I spent a great day in my craft room. Made some ATC's for JAM's.

ATC = Artist trading card (2.5" x 3.5") in size
JAM = Just add more ( three people work on a set of three ATCs)


On this set of flowers I am starting the JAM with a set of bases. I used an old dictionary with yellowing pages for the base (taped to a heavy duty cardstock) then I stamped the flowers using a black archival ink and colored with spectra noir colored pencils. When I was done coloring I inked the edges. Now these are ready to send to the second person who we call a middler.
 
 
On this set I was the middler. I received these cards with the black background, gold edges,the rooster tag with a brad. I then added my touch with the black and white ribbon, word friend and the black fibers. Now I'm ready to send this off to the third person who will complete the cards and send one back to the first person and one back to me and keep one for themselves.
 
 
This set I received as the third person. The first person did the background, and added the legs, the second person added the coloring to the background and the washi tape. For my part I added the poodles and the ooh la la. I made the ooh la la by using a punch for the base lable, colored some white letters and added crystal laquer. Now I will keep one for myself, send one to the first person and one to the second person.
 
 
So my friends, that how the JAMming process works.
 
The best part of a JAM is once you get the cards you can take them in any direction you want using any medium you wish to use. On one of the previous JAMs I received as the number two player was a stamped pumpkin image on a white background. Most people would think to use colors of fall and turn it into an autumn themed card. Well I went in a different direction and used red, white and blue I have not seen the finished card yet as it has not made it's way back home. It's still in the hands of the third person. I guess getting your JAM back home would be another best part of JAMming.
 
 
Thanks for visiting my Blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I would love to hear what you have to say about my post. If you dont have the time to leave a comment please check one of the reaction boxes. I appreciate all feedback. Hope you can stop back soon. ((Hugs)) Lori

5 comments: